Fire incidents can be costly and dangerous at the same time. The law requires businesses operating throughout the U.S. to install fire systems to comply with local and national fire alarm installation Palm Beach codes. They are valuable to a business since they offer protection of life, property, and inventory. Premier Fire Alarms & Integration Systems Installation Division Inc. can sort you out if you are located in Palm Beach County.
So how much will fire system installation cost you? Various factors affect the price.
Factors influencing fire alarm installation Palm Beach cost
The size and complexity of a building
It is more expensive to install a fire alarm system in more prominent buildings. Large buildings with multiple floors with high square footage require more sensors and equipment, translating to higher costs.
Also, installing a fire system in an old building is expensive. Such facilities require reworking existing infrastructures before fitting the fire alarm system.
Type of fire alarm equipment
Several fire alarm systems exist, and the type you choose depends on what suits your home, company, site needs, or sector. The systems are made up of different components, which affect their installation cost.
- Carbon monoxide detectors. They help in monitoring the levels of carbon monoxide in the air.
- Aspirating smoke detection systems. They are very sensitive and are capable of detecting small fires faster than the other systems. The system uses a fan and a network of pipes and holes to draw air from everywhere within the building. It analyzes the air as it passes through the sensitive detector and generates a signal to detect smoke particles.
- Conventional fire alarm system. Also known as the four-wire system, they are less expensive and are found in smaller properties. It divides a building into detection zones where detectors and call points are wired to a control panel. The system has multiple sensors in a single zone. The control panels indicate from which zone an alarm originates when the detectors are activated. However, the site needs to be searched to find out the sensor that was set off.
- Wireless fire system. Although it costs more, It provides more flexibility and offers protection same as the other systems. It is useful in buildings where wired systems are not possible or unsuitable. It also eliminates the need for testing long-term cables.
- Analogue-addressable fire alarm system. They are also referred to as intelligent alarm systems. It provides details on individual detectors and is designed for use in large commercial buildings and complex network systems. They require less cabling, and each of its call points or sensors has its unique address. This means the fire control system receives individual information from each device. They are the most expensive of all fire alarms.
- Hybrid fire alarm system. It combines some aspects of the analog addressable system and the hardwired features of the conventional method.
- Two-wire fire alarm systems. It uses the conventional alarm system technology and is used for smaller operations. They are expensive than the four-wire system and are faster in responding, and are more flexible.
The type and number of detection elements
The more complex your fire alarm system is, the more it will cost. You can include the following elements to your fire alarm system to increase safety: Multi-sensor detectors, fire doors, fire alarms, emergency lights, and roll call system.
A monitored or unmonitored system
If you choose to have your fire alarm system monitored, it will increase the overall cost. The fire system monitoring provider can take an instant action in case of fire, whereas fire could go unnoticed for the unmonitored system.
Contact fire alarm installers at Premier Fire Alarms & Integration Systems Installation Division Inc. in Palm Beach to visit your home or business to know the exact cost of installing a fire alarm system.